ChildSafe Center holds cookie decorating fundraiser
Written by on October 12, 2020
WINCHESTER, Va. (WDVM) — The ChildSafe Center in Winchester has teamed up with Shaffer’s Market to raise money to combat child abuse.
The ChildSafe Center is holding a cookie decorating kit sale. All money raised from the sale will go toward funding for services at the ChildSafe Center. Each cookie kit includes six superhero-themed sugar cookies, red, white, and blue icing, and two types of sprinkles.
The ChildSafe Center helps over 200 children each year.
“…we like to say that every child needs a hero in their life and abused children in particular need a superhero,” said Kelly Bober, Executive Director ChildSafe Center.
Kits cost $21 dollars and can be purchased through October 16th. You can buy kits online here.
Cookie kit pickup will be held on October 23 at Our Health Campus in Winchester between 4 pm-7 pm.
- A collection of headstones “mysteriously” appear at Brunswick cemetery
- Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office investigates fatal car collision
- Students and faculty at Marymount University garden to help local food pantries
- ChildSafe Center holds cookie decorating fundraiser
- DC’s Attorney General says his office will protect voters from unauthorized poll monitoring and voter intimidation