Timmons Road closed for bridge rehabilitation
Written by on October 14, 2020
FREDERICK, Md. (WDVM) — A mile-long stretch of roadway in the eastern part of Frederick County will close for bridge rehabilitation.
The Office of Transportation Engineering announced that Timmons Road, between Dollyhyde Road and Glissans Mill Road, will close for about two months.
Contractor W.F.Delauter & Son, Inc. will begin repairs on the bridge that runs over Linganore Creek on or about October 26.
While the bridge is in fair condition, repairs for cracks and leaks aim to extended the bridge’s use.
“It’s better to put the dollars in now than wait until it’s completely deteriorated and we’re talking a major rehab or replacement at that time,” explained project manager Amanda Radcliffe.
Motorists will soon see signs guiding onto detour routes that will utilize Glissans Mill Road and Dollyhyde Road.
Radcliffe says an average of about 280 vehicles travel along the bridge every day.
- LGBTQ advocates want people to understand the importance of the proper use of pronouns
- Democrats, Republicans clash while questioning Trump’s SCOTUS pick on her personal beliefs
- Senators grill Amy Coney Barrett during 3rd day of hearings
- President’s son, Barron, tested positive for COVID-19, First Lady says
- Barron Trump tested positive for coronavirus, Melania Trump says