Man hit by a train in downtown Manassas
Written by on October 15, 2020
MANASSAS, Va. (WDVM) — According to officials, a 38-year-old man laid down on railroad tracks and was hit by a train in downtown Manassas the night of October 13th.
Police arrived at 9490 West Street for the report of someone that was hit by a train. Witnesses told police they could see an object on the tracks near the Grant Avenue Overpass and that the train attempted to apply the emergency breaks according to police.
The victim suffered serious but non-life-threatening injuries according to officials and this remains an active investigation.
- WVU volleyball looks to keep good form as they host TCU in home series
- Does the flu vaccine affect my chances of getting COVID-19?
- Man hit by a train in downtown Manassas
- LIVE: Weather or Not with Derek and Scott | Goes to the zoo
- Day 4 of SCOTUS hearings: Vote scheduled on Amy Coney Barrett as final day of hearings begin