Emergency rescue teams search for missing paddle boarder
Written by on October 16, 2020
LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. (WDVM) — The Loudoun County Sherriff’s Office along with Loudoun Fire and Rescue are searching for a woman who disappeared after paddle boarding alone Thursday night.
LCSO confirmed the woman went paddle boarding around 6:20 p.m. at Beaverdam Reservoir and did not return. She was wearing black pants, a red tank top, and a black jacket the last time she was seen.
Currently, access to the Beaverdam Reservoir is closed to the public. LCSO asks that community members avoid the area while they continue their investigation.
The search for the woman continues.
- Frost Advisories and Freeze Warnings in play after midnight
- Emergency rescue teams search for missing paddle boarder
- Annual ‘Walk For Logan’ car show fundraiser to be held on Oct. 17
- Annual Capital Craft Fair opens at Dulles Expo Center
- Dominion Energy volunteers build a play-set for three-year-old with cancer